Safety is now offering the eBill program to all policy types. Policyholders can sign up on My Account to receive email notifications when their bill is available for viewing on SafetyInsurance.com. Policyholders that opt in to the eBill program will no longer receive paper copies of their billing statements. Documents such as cancellation notices will continue to be sent in paper form.
Do you already have life insurance and a Mapfre / Commerce auto policy? Well now you can write your life insurance through Mapfre /Commerce and get a 2% discount on your auto insurance through The Commerce Insurance Company. We are licensed to sell the following term life options through Mapfre / Commerce:
Mapfre / Commerce Keeps Life Insurance Simple
- No medical exam required
- Easy online paperless process
- Coverage decision in minutes for most applicants
- 10, 15, or 20 year term products with up to $200,000 in coverage
- Premiums can be paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually
- No penalties for early policy termination
You should think about getting a renters policy when off campus. Renter policies can be really cheap (less than $200 a year) and cover your belonging at your apartment. Also please be aware that student away at school (school has to be located over 100 miles away) and good student discounts (3.0 GPA) are available for auto policies.
You’re probably right. A recent survey of the 200 most accident-prone cities in the United States puts Worcester at No. 200, just below Boston (199), Springfield (197), and Providence (196). Read the full article here from The Worcester Telegram & Gazette.
We have a new twitter account. My plan is post and re-tweet stories about insurance I see in the news that I think our insured’s might find interesting. Find us and follow us here.
You can now get auto quotes instantly from four of our companies (Safety, Commerce, Plymouth Rock, and Quincy) on our website. Just visit our quoting page, plug in your information, and you will get four quotes at the end of process.
Please know that these are rough estimates based on the information put into the system. Someone from our agency will get notified of your desire for a quote. Once notified we will complete a full quote for you with these four companies as well as Progressive and Travelers and let you know the results.
Keep track of your stuff, with a new free home inventory app.
According to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), more than half of Americans don’t have an inventory of their possessions—winging it isn’t a good strategy given the fact that severe weather events caused $43 billion dollars in property damage in 2011 alone. Check out NAIC’s great new home inventory app, which lets you quickly photograph, describe and store a list of your possessions electronically—so you can find it fast when you need it most.
Safety Insurance is pleased to announce that we have upgraded our Safety Mobile application to include Bill Pay for your insureds.
As a reminder, Safety Mobile makes Safety’s services available at the fingertips of your insureds by providing:
- Bill Pay
- Access to their account information (My account)
- The ability to report an auto claim at the accident scene
- Their auto insurance card(s)
- Their agent information
- Information on the VIP Claims Services
- Latest Safety discounts and offerings
Safety Mobile is available for both the iPhone and Android devices. To learn more and download our app visit SafetyInsurance.com.
With the impending storm a lot of our companies have sent out winter weather reminders and tips. Here is some of the information from our companies:
Although we have gotten off lightly with regard to winter weather this year, it looks as if that is going to change. Heavy snow and high winds are predicted and with that comes power outages and other damage. Remember, regardless of the weather, we are here for you and your customers. If your agency should lose power, please direct your customers to report their claims directly to our claim reporting center.
- Be careful of tree limbs and wires
- You may not be able to see wires that are touching branches.
- Call a tree or yard company to handle damaged trees and limbs, if power lines are down.
- Power outages increase the risk of fires and carbon monoxide poisoning
- Make sure generators vent outside. Be careful when fueling. Plug in carbon monoxide detectors on every floor of your home.
- If you use a woodstove or fireplace for heat, please monitor them closely.
- Candles pose a major risk of fire. Don’t leave them unattended. Flashlights are a much safer source of light.
- Please remember that gas grills are for outdoor use only.
- Seek shelter if you need it. The American Red Cross and local media can provide a list of the shelters near you.
- Charge your cell and smartphones.
Safety Insurance is very excited to announce the Safety Mobile website. The new Safety Mobile website is an optimized version of Safety Insurance’s websie designed to work with web browsers on most mobile devices including iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry. When accessing Safety Insurance’s websie from a mobile device users will automatically be directed to Safety Insurance’s new mobile websitewhere they will have the ability to:
- Pay bill using a checking account, credit card or debit card
- Report an auto claim at the accident scene
- View insurance card(s)
- View agent information
- Access information on VIP Claims Services
- Follow Safety on Facebook and Twitter
- Download Safety Mobile App for iPhone and Android
- View the latest Safety discounts and offerings